Your job is far from over simply because your legal website just went live. You must actually have human visitors walking through the virtual door in order to have a successful website and achieve the maximum number of conversions. While there is a wide variety of things you can do to increase traffic to your site, some of the quickest ways include:
- Continuously updating the content on your website through relevant, unique articles on your niche or area of expertise.
- Consider publishing a monthly newsletter which will allow you stay in touch with current clients as well as those you hope will be clients soon. In your newsletter you can link to information on your website or your legal blog.
- Whenever you post to any online forum include your website address with your signature.
- If you are not already incorporating a blog into your online marketing efforts, now is the time to start. Informative blog information which starts your visitors talking can only increase your website traffic as well. Additionally, a well-maintained blog gives your visitors a reason to return time after time.
- If you have the opportunity, provide guest blogs or at least comment on the blogs of others in your legal niche.
- Consider using press releases any time there is something new happening in your firm.
- Include your web address everywhere—on your business cards, your letterhead, brochures—anywhere it can be seen and followed up on.
- LinkedIn is the business version of Facebook and allows business professionals to network via the Internet.
- Work hard to find a domain name which will bring the most targeted traffic to your site.
- Use social networking, but go easy on the sales pitch. People come to social network sites to be engaged, informed or entertained, but rarely appreciate a hard-hitting sales pitch.
- Consider writing an e-book about a particular legal subject you are an expert in. Offer the e-book free to those who come to your site.
In addition to the above techniques, remember that good content will always market itself, leading to more traffic, shares and referrals. Social sharing buttons on your website make it much easier for those on your site to share your content. In other words, make everything as easy as possible for your visitors and you will reap the rewards. While your website should definitely be search engine optimized, use SEO in a responsible manner. Make it look natural rather than contrived. Consider the use of video on your website in order to give people an insight into who you are and how you can help them. This is a good way to build trust among current and potential clients. Make it a point to be known as the firm who always goes above and beyond for their clients and you will be rewarded with an increase in recommendations.
Don’t be overwhelmed; try implementing these ideas slowly or get some professional help from our attorney writers. We have the experience and offer you a free consultation. Call (800) 877-2776 today for your valuable advice from highly experienced writers with a law degree—never a sales representative.